- Sobko, T., and Chawla, L. (in press). “Intergenerational gardening on urban rooftops: The example of the ‘Play and Grow’ Program in Hong Kong.” In M. Kaplan, J. Hoffman, M. Sánchez & L. L. Thang (eds.), Intergenerational Contact Zones: Place-based Tools for Promoting Social Inclusion and Belonging. Abingdon, UK: Routledge.
- Sobko, Tanja, Brown, Gavin T.L, & Cheng, Will H.G. (2020). Does connectedness to nature improve the eating behaviours of pre-schoolers? Emerging evidence from the Play&Grow randomised controlled trial in Hong Kong. Appetite, 104781.
- Tang, Tsz Wing, & Sobko, Tanja. (2019). Environmental Impact of the Average Hong Kong Diet: A Case for Adopting Sustainable Diets in Urban Centers. Challenges (Basel), 10(2), 5.
- Sobko, T., Jia, Z. Z., & Brown, G. (2018). Measuring connectedness to nature in preschool children in an urban setting and its relation to psychological functioning. Plos One, 13(11).
- Sobko, T., Jia, Z., Kaplan, M., Lee, A., & Tseng, C. H. (2016). Promoting healthy eating and active playtime by connecting to nature families with preschool children: evaluation of pilot study “Play&Grow”. Pediatric research, 81(4), 572-581.
- Sobko, T., Tse, M., & Kaplan, M. (2016). A randomized controlled trial for families with preschool children-promoting healthy eating and active playtime by connecting to nature. BMC public health, 16(1), 505.
- Zhang, J. H., Macfarlane, D. J., & Sobko, T. (2016). Feasibility of a Chest-worn accelerometer for physical activity measurement. Journal of science and medicine in sport, 19(12), 1015-1019.
- Bosi, A. T. B., Eriksen, K. G., Sobko, T., Wijnhoven, T. M., & Breda, J. (2016). Breastfeeding practices and policies in WHO European region member states. Public health nutrition, 19(4), 753-764.
- Svensson, V., Sobko, T., Ek, A., Forssén, M., Ekbom, K., Johansson, E., … & Marcus, C. (2016). Obesogenic dietary intake in families with one-year-old infants at high and low obesity risk based on parental weight status – baseline data from a longitudinal obesity intervention (Early STOPP). European journal of nutrition, 55(2), 781-792.
- Sobko, T., Trindade, D., Lao, Q. X., Wong, M., Io, T. K., Wa, C. K., & Gu, K. (2014). Men in Macau SAR have higher prevalence in metabolic syndrome and among related metabolic components: a cross-sectional Macau Health Survey. BMC public health, 14(1), 1065.
- Lao, X. Q., Ma, W. J., Sobko, T., Zhang, Y. H., Xu, Y. J., Xu, X. J., … & Xia, L. (2014). Dramatic escalation in metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular risk in a Chinese population experiencing rapid economic development. BMC Public Health, 14(1), 983.
- Lao, X. Q., Ma, W. J., Sobko, T., Zhang, Y. H., Xu, Y. J., Xu, X. J., … & Thomas, G. N. (2015). Overall obesity is leveling-off while abdominal obesity continues to rise in a Chinese population experiencing rapid economic development: analysis of serial cross-sectional health survey data 2002–2010. International Journal of Obesity, 39(2), 288-294.
- Lakshman, R., Zhang, J., Zhang, J., Koch, F. S., Marcus, C., Ludvigsson, J., … & Sobko, T. (2013). Higher maternal education is associated with favourable growth of young children in different countries. J Epidemiol Community Health, jech-2012.
- Cao, Y. T., Svensson, V., Marcus, C., Zhang, J., Zhang, J. D., & Sobko, T. (2012). Eating behaviour patterns in Chinese children aged 12-18 months and association with relative weight-factorial validation of the Children’s Eating Behaviour Questionnaire. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 9(1), 5.
- Svensson, V., Lundborg, L., Cao, Y., Nowicka, P., Marcus, C., & Sobko, T. (2011). Obesity related eating behaviour patterns in Swedish preschool children and association with age, gender, relative weight and parental weight-factorial validation of the Children’s Eating Behaviour Questionnaire. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 8(1), 134.
- Sobko, T., Svensson, V., Ek, A., Ekstedt, M., Karlsson, H., Johansson, E., … & Marcus, C. (2011). A randomised controlled trial for overweight and obese parents to prevent childhood obesity-Early STOPP (STockholm Obesity Prevention Program). BMC Public Health, 11(1), 336.
- Svensson, V., Jacobsson, J. A., Fredriksson, R., Danielsson, P., Sobko, T., Schiöth, H. B., & Marcus, C. (2011). Associations between severity of obesity in childhood and adolescence, obesity onset and parental BMI: a longitudinal cohort study. International journal of obesity, 35(1), 46-52.
- Zeigler, C. C., Persson, G. R., Wondimu, B., Marcus, C., Sobko, T., & Modéer, T. (2012). Microbiota in the oral subgingival biofilm is associated with obesity in adolescence. Obesity, 20(1), 157-164.