– 1 Daikon
– 2 tsp salt
– 1 Yuzu (or substitute with 1/2 lemon)
– 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
– 1 Tbsp sugar
- Peel Daikon and cut into sticks, 1 1/2 inches long, 1/2 inch wide. Put in a large bowl and coat with 1 tsp salt. Let it sit for 1 hour to release water.
- Peel the skin of Yuzu (without the white part) and cut thinly. Squeeze juice into another bowl and add the skin, remaining salt, rice vinegar, and sugar. Mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Lightly squeeze the water out of Daikon and mix with Yuzu and vinegar mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.