Leftover Fruit Recipes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 12 servings
Are your bananas starting to turn brown? Well, don’t throw them away! Overly ripe bananas are preferred when making banana bread. This is because they give it a sweeter taste.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter or vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ⅓ cups mashed bananas (about 4 small overly ripe bananas)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with grease or baking paper
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- With a hand mixer on medium, combine butter and sugars in a medium bowl until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
Get in touch with us
Tel: 2299 0611
Mob: 5181 6160
6/F Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building, Hong Kong University’s Main Campus
HKU MTR Station