Leftover Rice Recipes
Veggie Fried Rice
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4-6 servings
This is our recipe for leftover rice—for all the times when we have over estimated how much we could eat. When you find yourself with an excessive amount of rice, you can keep it in the fridge overnight and make veggie fried rice the next day. Leftover rice is perfect for this recipe because it’s drier than freshly cooked rice, which allows it to fry up nicely!
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small white onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of sweetcorn
- Salt & pepper
- 2 to 3 cups of cooked rice (white or brown)
- 3 green onions
- 3-4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- Fresh coriander
- Gather all of your ingredients
- Heat the oil in a wok or a non-stick frying pan over medium heat
- Crack the eggs into the pan, stir until cooked and scrambled. Remove the egg and transfer it to a plate.
- Add in some more oil in the pan. Add in the onion, garlic, peas and corn. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sauteé for 5 minutes until the onion and carrots are soft.
- Add in some more oil and add in the leftover rice, green onions and soy sauce.
- Add in the eggs and stir well to combine.
- Remove from heat and drizzle the fried rice with sesame oil.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately (or keep for up to 3 days)
Get in touch with us
Tel: 2299 0611
Mob: 5181 6160
HKU MTR Station